Ingredients (serves 6 people)
- 1 1/2 cups fat free half and half
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion, finely minced
- 1 package (10-12 ounces) frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3-4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9” deep-dish pie pan or 10” quiche dish.
- Beat eggs and whisk in the half and half in a large bowl. Add butter, cheese, herbs and spices and fold together.
- Fold in the spinach and then the biscuit mix to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into your greased pie or quiche dish carefully, just to the top of the dish. Place the dish onto a cookie sheet inside the oven in case of spill over.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a knife can be inserted in the center and come out clean. Cut into slices and serve.
- Tip: Always preheat your oven 25º lower if you’re using a non-stick pan. This may require a slightly longer cook time.
- Tip: If thawing spinach in your refrigerator, be sure to place it in a small bowl to capture draining liquids. For straining, place two thick paper towels in your colander or strainer. Empty the thawed spinach into the center of towels. Gather towels around spinach and squeeze to remove excess liquids.