Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Pinch of cumin, optional
- 2-3 cups shredded turkey*
- 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic & onion
- 1 1/2 cups kidney beans, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Sour cream, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
*Tip: No leftover turkey? Use 1 pound of ground turkey instead.
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onion with olive oil, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper until tender. Stir in turkey and cook until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and undrained tomatoes. Pour in 1/2 a can of water, then stir.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with lime wedges and top with low fat sour cream and chopped cilantro, if desired.