Ingredients (serves 12 people)
- 1 package of moist strawberry cake mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 muffin pans
- 24 paper baking cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two muffin pans with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs and water.
- Stir with a spoon and/or whisk until well blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with batter until 1/2 full.
- Using a spoon, make a slight indentation in the center of each cup
- fill with a heaping 1/2 teaspoonful of strawberry preserves.
- Spoon remaining batter evenly over each filled cup, covering preserves. (Muffin cups should be about 3/4 full.)
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If toothpick goes through preserves, it will not come out clean.
- Cool for 1 minute and remove from pan. Cool completely before adding icing and toppings as desired. Store in refrigerator.